Optical fiber jumper is a commonly used wiring in the f […]
Optical fiber jumper is a commonly used wiring in the field of optical fiber, and it is also a very suitable product. If it is improperly operated by humans, it will affect the communication quality and cause unnecessary waste.
Precautions when using optical fiber jumpers.
1. Before using the fiber connector of the jumper, the ceramic ferrule and the end face of the fiber jumper must be wiped clean with alcohol and absorbent cotton swabs.
2. The optical fiber in the optical fiber jumper should not be excessively bent (not less than 90 degrees) and looped during use, which will increase the attenuation of the light during the transmission process.
3. After using the fiber jumper, be sure to use a protective cover to protect the fiber connector. Dust and oil will damage the coupling protection ferrule and the end face of the fiber to prevent bumps and pollution. Wear a dust cap in time after disassembly.
4. Do not look directly at the end face of the optical fiber during laser signal transmission.
5. When there is damage caused by man-made or other force majeure, the damaged fiber jumper should be replaced in time.
6. Read the manual carefully before installation, and install and debug under the guidance of the manufacturer or dealer’s engineer.
7. Abnormalities in the optical fiber network or system can be tested one by one using the troubleshooting method. When testing or troubleshooting jumper faults, you can do a continuity test first, and you can usually use a visible laser pointer to judge the entire optical fiber link. Or further use a precision optical fiber insertion return loss tester to test its various indicators. If the indicators are within the qualified range, the jumper indicates normal, otherwise it will be judged as unqualified.