The MTP connector is a high-performance MPO connector w […]
The MTP connector is a high-performance MPO connector with multiple innovative designs. Compared with the general MPO connector, the MTP fiber connector has been enhanced in optical performance and mechanical performance. MTP connectors fully comply with the professional standards of all MPO connectors, including EIA/TIA-604-5 FOCIS 5 and IEC-61754-7.
MPO connectors are MTP connectors that can be mated with each other in line with industry standards, which means that it is feasible to replace MPO connectors with MTP connectors to obtain better performance. The performance of most MPO connectors that follow the old design is quite limited and cannot provide the same high performance as MTP fiber connectors.
Why are MTP connectors described as high-performance MPO connectors? Through specially designed MTP connectors, its performance and usability are improved compared to MPO connectors. This design feature of MTP is unique and protected by patents. The main features are as follows:
1. The outer frame sleeve parts of the MTP optical fiber connector can be easily removed. The MT ferrule design can ensure that performance is not lost during rework and re-grinding during production. The negative and positive can be changed flexibly even after assembly, and the ferrule can be interfered after assembly.
2. The floating ferrule of the MTP optical fiber connector can improve the transmission performance during mechanical docking. It can allow the two connectors to maintain good physical contact with the matched ferrules under the influence of external forces.
3. The elliptical guide pin (PIN) of the MTP optical fiber connector is made of stainless steel. The elliptical guide pin can improve the accuracy of docking and reduce the wear of the guide hole, making the MTP optical fiber connector maintain high-performance transmission more lasting.
4. There is a metal pin clip in the MTP fiber connector to fix the push ring. Specific features: prevent the loss of the guide pin; concentrate the pressure generated by the spring; prevent the spring from touching the friction fiber during mechanical expansion and contraction and causing damage to the fiber.
5. The spring design of the MTP fiber optic connector maximizes the ribbon gap of 12-core and multi-core ribbon applications to prevent fiber damage.
6. MTP optical fiber connectors have at least four standard matching parts, which can be adapted to different types of optical cables, and are more practical. These include: loose-structured round optical cables; ribbon optical cables with oval outer covers; ribbons Bare fiber; ultra short tail sleeve connector parts, very suitable for use in small spaces, reducing the volume of 45%.
Can MT ferrules be cleaned in a conventional way? The best way to clean the dust and oil that affect the optical performance of the MT ferrule is to use an advanced dry cloth cleaning component, such as NTT-AT OPTIPOP. The cleaning method is very simple because only a single channel is involved. When using the above cleaning components, the contaminants will be completely removed. On the contrary, although using low-quality cloth or cotton swabs can remove the contaminants on the surface of the optical fiber, the dirt will still exist on the edge of the ferrule, and it is easy to cause the end surface of the ferrule to wear and cause serious Data loss.
OPTIPOP series cleaning components are specially designed for male and female optical fiber connectors, and can also be applied to single-core ceramic ferrules. OPTIPOP cartridge and card cleaners use a replaceable cleaning cotton cloth. The cleaner can be used for a long time. Compared with traditional cleaning methods, the cleaning cost is lower.