How to judge that the optical transceiver is not workin […]
How to judge that the optical transceiver is not working? The status of each indicator light of the optical fiber transceiver can visually find out some simple problems, and some faults need to be judged by some equipment:
Check whether the indicator light of the fiber optic transceiver or optical module and the indicator light of the twisted-pair port are in a normal state (see the manual).
1. If the optical port (FX) indicator of the optical fiber transceiver is not on, first determine whether the optical fiber link is cross-linked, connect one end of the fiber to transmit (T), and the other end to receive (R).
2. If the optical port (FX) indicator of the A transceiver is on and the optical port (FX) indicator of the B transceiver is off, the fault is in the A transceiver section; one possibility is: A transceiver (TX) optical transmission The port is broken, because the optical port (RX) of the B transceiver cannot receive optical signals; another possibility is that the optical link of the A transceiver (TX) optical transmission port has a problem.
3. Twisted pair (TP) indicator is off, please make sure whether the twisted pair connection is wrong or the link is wrong? Please use a continuity tester to test (but the twisted pair indicator of some transceivers will not light until the fiber link is connected).
If it is an optical cable, optical fiber jumper, or optical module failure, you need to use some equipment to determine:
1. Optical cable on-off detection: use a laser flashlight, sunlight, or luminous body to illuminate one end of the optical cable connector or coupler; see if there is visible light at the other end? If there is, it means that the optical cable is not broken.
2. On-off detection of optical fiber connection: use a laser flashlight, sunlight, etc. to illuminate one end of the optical fiber jumper; see if there is visible light at the other end? If there is visible light, it indicates that the fiber jumper is not broken.
Three-purpose optical power meter test: the luminous power of the optical fiber transceiver or optical module under normal conditions: multimode: between -10db and 18db; single mode 20 km: between -8db and 15db; single mode 60 km : Between -5db-12db; if the luminous power of the fiber optic transceiver is between: -30db-45db, then it can be judged that there is a problem with the fiber optic transceiver.
Ningbo Guangdao Communication Technology Co., Ltd. is China FTTH Fiber Optic Termination Box Manufacturers:https://www.nb-fibercome.com/product/fiber-box/